FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JOHNSTON, R.I (October 26, 2017) – As part of an on-going effort to promote recycling right in the Ocean State, Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation (Resource Recovery) and Keep Blackstone Valley Beautiful (KBVB), Rhode Island’s affiliate of Keep America Beautiful, are teaming up to test recycling knowledge in our state.
The two organizations are joining thousands of groups across the country that are doing something special to celebrate America Recycles Day (ARD), a national initiative of Keep America Beautiful. ARD is the only nationally-recognized day and coast-to-coast community-driven awareness campaign dedicated to promoting and celebrating recycling in the United States. It has been held on—and in the weeks leading into—November 15 for twenty years.
Starting Thursday, October 26, Rhode Island residents are invited to take a brief 15-question online survey. Residents’ recycling habits, motivations and general knowledge, particularly their command of Rhode Island’s mixed recycling program, Recycle Together RI, will be covered. Upon completion, respondents are encouraged to leave comments, ask questions or share stories about their recycling experiences in Rhode Island. The results, which will be released on America Recycles Day (November 15), will help guide public outreach strategies and educational programs.
Thanks to generous donations from local businesses, those who complete the survey will be entered into a random drawing for a chance to win one of six prizes, including:
- $50 Visa gift card, compliments of MTG Disposal. This will be randomly drawn from participants ages 19 and older.
- $50 TEEN PRIZE Visa gift card, compliments of MTG Disposal. This will be randomly drawn from participants ages 13-18.
- Two tickets to the Blackstone Valley Polar Express Train Ride on November 18, 2017 @ 1 pm, compliments of Blackstone Valley Tourism Council.
- Four tickets on the Blackstone Explorer River Boat Tours for the 2018 season, compliments of Blackstone Valley Tourism Council.
- Four tickets to The Museum of Work & Culture, located in Woonsocket, RI, compliments of The Rhode Island Historical Society.
- One Free Garden EARTH compost bin, compliments of Rhode Island Resource Recovery.
To learn more about the survey, including full eligibility requirements for prizes, visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RIRecyclesDay. For more information about recycling right in Rhode Island, visit http://www.recycletogetherri.org or call Resource Recovery’s recycling hotline at 401-942-1430 x775.
About Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation
Resource Recovery is the quasi-public agency dedicated to providing Rhode Islanders with safe, environmentally compliant, clean, and cost effective waste and recycling services. The agency operates the state’s Materials Recycling Facility, Leaf and Yard Compost, Eco-Depot, and Central Landfill, and provides free programs and services to help the RI community manage materials more sustainably.
About Keep Blackstone Valley Beautiful
Keep Blackstone Valley Beautiful serves as the environmental education arm of the Blackstone Valley Tourism Council; a council that has been the leader in transforming Rhode Island’s Blackstone Valley into an internationally recognized visitor destination.
Keep Blackstone Valley Beautiful, is an affiliate of the national non-profit, Keep America Beautiful, and supports their missions of preventing litter, reducing waste and beautifying communities.