As the saying goes, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Just because you’re tired of something, doesn’t mean someone else won’t be excited about it, and vice versa. By swapping, selling and buying used you can get rid of that thing that’s been staring at you, and get the thing you’ve always wanted, for less. Swapping, selling, and buying used are some of the best ways to keep things circulating in our economy longer.
Here are some local and online resources to help you do it.
- Consignment shops
- Thrift shops
- Antique shops
- Sporting Equipment
- Used Clothing Shops & ThredUp
- Books & media: Thriftbooks, Paper Back Swap, Swap a CD, Swap a DVD
- Gizmogul (for electronics)
- 5 miles app
- Letgo app
- OfferUp app
- Yard/Garage/Estate Sales
- Buy Nothing Facebook Groups
- BoxGiver (for boxes and packaging materials)
- Organize a supply swap at work or a clothing/book/media swap with family and friends
Please note that Resource Recovery is only linking to this information. Individual shops are responsible for keeping their information up-to-date on the web and with Google.
If you’re a shop owner looking to get listed on Google, click here.
Are we missing a category? Let us know.