The mission of the Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation is to provide safe, environmentally compliant, clean and affordable solid waste and recycling services for the Rhode Island community.
• Extend the useful life of the Central Landfill to 2034 and beyond in order to provide long term affordable waste disposal services for Rhode Island municipalities.
• Remain financially self-sufficient by self funding all operational and capital requirements.
• Manage the Corporation as close as possible to a private sector company to ensure cost effective operations.
• Keep the organization focused on the basics of landfilling and recycling.
• Utilize in-house resources to perform services where it is cost effective.
• Encourage more recycling via education and training, legislative initiatives, coordination with other state agencies and entities, and competitive grants and incentives for Rhode Island municipalities.
• Explore only proven technologies to extend the life of the landfill.
• Support maintaining municipal solid waste disposal costs at a discount to regional market rates.